What Technologies are Included
The MFi Program provides access to Apple proprietary technologies and components, including the following:
- AirPlay audio
- Find My network (launching soon)
- iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP)
- MFi Game Controller
- MFi Hearing Aid
- Apple Watch Charger Module
- Audio Accessory Module
- Authentication coprocessors
- Headset Remote and Mic Transmitter
- Lightning Audio Module 2
- Lightning Analog Headset Module
- Lightning to Headset Jack Adapter Module
- Lightning connectors and receptacles
- MagSafe Case Module
How MFi Certification Works
Here is an overview of the steps required to create an MFi accessory, from conception to production.
1. Product Plan
Submit a Product Plan for an accessory that integrates MFi licensed technology.
Design, develop, and test the accessory. Procure any MFi components as needed.
Use Apple’s certification tools to help ensure optimal user experience and interoperability. Submit production-ready samples and packaging materials for review.
4. Mass Production
Upon completion of certification approved by Apple, begin manufacturing and sales.
Using MFi Badges
MFi badges communicate to customers that an accessory has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.